Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Born This Way

Much like the fabulously famous pop icon Lady Gaga, I am  on a  mission to make a difference in the lives of young people...especially for  those with physical disabilities.    Whether Gaga is wearing a costume created from fresh meat or she is being rolled  into an awards show in a giant green egg, the superstar is always  taking the opportunity to teach her "little monsters" to celebrate and embrace who they  are. That's what I intend to  do with this blog.   I was born with a physical disability called Cerebral Palsy due to a lack of oxygen to my brain during delivery.  Although I  struggle with my own challenges with being a wheelchair user and feeling quite different in college, I want to be a strong voice for the disability community.   Through exploring many different topics, I'll try to inspire, empower, and motivate people with disabilities who believe in their abilities and their dreams. So let's get this conversation going!!!

2 comments: